SERVICES | Health Center
InterAmerican Health Center
The Health Center at IAA offers basic one on one health care to students, staff and parents. It works hard to promote physical, mental, emotional and social wellbeing for everybody by providing the following school health services during the school year like:
- Services including first aid, care for ill students and emergency care to students and staff.
- Acting vigilant and preventing the spread of communicable diseases in the school setting.
- Health Screenings: Hearing, vision exam and Scoliosis.
- Flu shots provided as needed.
- Immunization shots if needed in special cases.
- Administering medicine for chronic conditions, like asthma and diabetes.
- Providing school staff with current information about student’s health concerns and care on a confidential need-to-know basis.
- Writing a student health plan concern to the staff if needed.
- Participating with other staff in assessing and implementing behavior plans for certain students.
- Assisting medical care during Sport Events done on Saturdays.
- Maintaining communication with administrators, teachers, other school personnel and parents to enhance cooperative action which will meet the health and safety needs of students.
- Maintaining confidentiality regarding all school and health-related issues.
- Counseling for emotional issues, healthy eating.
- Referrals to specialists, if needed.
- Help applying forms for health insurance.
- Health care to help students during the day without leaving school.
- Working with outside doctor to offer consistent care for a child who has a serious health condition.
- Keeping parents informed about their children's health during school hours.
- Administering and monitoring effectiveness of medications given at school.
- Teaching CPR and AED training to all staff every year.
The Health Center at IAA is run by a School Doctor, Dra. Piedad Salomon, who works during school hours from 7:15 to 15:15 every day.