ADMISSIONS | Criteria & Guidelines
InterAmerican Academy invites all interested students to apply for admission to our school. InterAmerican Academy considers all applications for enrollment carefully in order to ensure students are a good fit and can be successful in our rigourous program of study. Admission is granted based on the student’s demonstrated readiness for our academic program and space availability.
Decisions are made by the Admissions Committee in consultation with faculty, and are based on students’ admissions evaluation performance, previous school records, standardized test results, letters of recommendation, and other previous educational information.
For children who are English-language learners, Interamerican Academy’s English Language Learners Department (ELL) provides services according to their assessment results and grade level.
For children with special educational needs, we encourage you to schedule a meeting with the Admissions Office and the Learning Specialist before applying as we offer limited learning support. Interamerican Academy is able to support children with minor learning needs through the services provided by our Learning Specialist.
Students applying from school systems that follow the southern hemisphere calendar are strongly encouraged to enroll during our Transition Program (March through April) as this ensures a better transition to our system and provides continuity in an academic setting. Please learn more about our Transition Program HERE.
• Nursery 2: two years of age by August 31st
• Nursery 3: three years of age by August 31st
• Pre Kinder: four years of age by August 31st
• Kinder : five years of age by August 31st
• Grade 1: six years of age by August 31st
• Grades 2-8: Students are evaluated according to their age and academic level to determine placement.
• Grades 9-12: In addition to age and academic level, English Proficiency, Math placement and transfer credits will be considered for grade placement.
Further information about admission process is available in the ADMISSIONS / ADMISSIONS FORMS.